Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BEST Surprise EVER!

On Thursday night I got a call from my aunt Sharon saying that my mom was going to go with us to the zoo tomorrow and here was her flight information. I was so surprised! And I was going to let it be an even bigger surprise for sweet Nissa. Friday came, and of course I was so antsy and excited that I couldn't stand it. We left super early to go pick her up and on the way there, both girls fell fast asleep! What! I couldn't believe this. I pulled up to the airport and quietly tried to wake Nissa up, she was coming out a little bit, then she heard the back of the car open, she slowly turned around, and just stared. Ever so slowly, a sweet smile spread across her face and she was grinning from ear to ear. I got her out so she could give hugs, and boy did she hug! It was the longest, tighest, hug I have ever seen. What a sweet meeting it was!Nissa and Mumma
Kat and Mumma
(We had 68 degree weather)
It was beautiful!

Mumma and her grandbabies

While Mumma was here, we did a lot of fun things. We went on walks and enjoyed the beautiful weather, mumma taught Nissa how to play hopscotch. And let me tell you how cute it was.
Mumma helped to make her yummy spaghetti, which we all enjoyed!And while she was here, Kat picked up on two signs. More and all done! Her sign for more is like she is washing her hands. It took me awhile to figure it out. I am so grateful I did, because now she does it all the time when she wants more.

Nissa learned how to use my big camera and take some pictures.

My 3 favorite girls!
Love this picture! It just captures the relationship that these 2 special girls have. I sure love them.
My sweet mom and baby Kat

We also worked on new hair styles. Kat is sporting her little ponytail.
And I learned how to french braid.
What a wonderful weekend we had having Mumma here. We sure love her and can't wait to see her again.
We love you Mumma! And we miss you! A lot!
x0x0

10 comments:

Jenny said...

So fun!

The Merrills said...

This was such a darling post!!! I'm so glad you're mom got to visit. How fun!!!! Such beautiful girls you have too! :)

Mike and Meg said...

I am so glad you have fun with your mom. What a great surprise.

Lisa said...

How fun!!! What a fun surprise! I love that they said that your mom was coming with you to the zoo--how cute! I'm glad you had fun!

Katie said...

What a fun surprise! I'm glad you guys had a blast. Wow, Nissa is getting some awesome air on Hopscotch. She is a pro.

Laura Beardall said...

Your girls are adorable! Isn't it fun having two girls? I'm so glad you posted on our blog cause now I can follow yours too.

Alex said...

What a great surprise! Wish I could have come too! Your girls are getting so big! Miss You and love you!

krista said...

What a fun surprise and it sounds like you had great weather!!

krista said...

Kat is looking so big! I love her little ponytail!

B said...

I cannot believe you are just learning how to french braid-with all that fabulous long hair both you and Annissa have!!
I've got to come out and go to the zoo-it looks like fun!